The Senate has confirmed seven officials to fill senior positions across the Defense Department, the Examiner reports.
Frank Kendall will serve as undersecretary for acquisition, technology and logistics, succeeding Ashton Carter, who was promoted to the Pentagon’s number two post.
Other confirmations include:
- Katharina McFarland, assistant secretary for ATL
- Jessica Lynn Wright, assistant secretary for reserve affairs
- Kathleen Hicks, principal deputy undersecretary for policy
- Erin Conaton, undersecretary for personnel and readiness
- James Miller, undersecretary for policy
- Derek Chollet, assistant secretary for international security affairs
The Examiner notes that most of the confirmed nominees are already appointed to positions within the Pentagon.
Chollet joins the Pentagon from the White House where he served asÂ senior director for strategic planning for theÂ national security team.
The Senate also approved theÂ White House’s nominationÂ of Joseph Jordan to serve asÂ administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement policy.