On June 24th, the Council of Intelligence Issues will co-host the âIntelligence Operations in a Digital Ageâ event with Steptoe & Johnson at 1330 Connecticut Avenue, NW in Washington, D.C.. Advanced registration is required for the event. Fill out the Registration Form right here.Â
During the eventâs panel, former intelligence officials will discuss practical, policy and legal factors that influence the planning and conduct of clandestine intelligence operations, how technological advances can affect operations in an increasingly transparent world and the risks that confront intelligence officers and the agents who assist them to support U.S. national security objectives.Â
Michael Sulick, former director of the National Clandestine Service for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and a consultant of Insider Threat Issues and National Security Affairs, will serve as the moderator for the panel of experienced intelligence officers. The eventâs panelists will be:Â
- Daniel Ennis – Executive Director of the University of Maryland Cyber Initiative, CEO of DRE Consulting and the former Director of the Threat Operations Center for the NSA
- Robert Litt – Of Counsel, Global Risk & Crisis Management of Morrison & Foerster and the former General Counsel for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- John Rizzo – Consultant of Steptoe & Johnson PLLC and the former Deputy and Acting General Counsel for the CIA
- Suzanne Spaulding – Senior Advisor of Homeland Security, International Security Program, the Center for Strategic and International Studies and the former Under Secretary of the National Protection & Programs Directorate for DHS
- Kevin Zerussen – Managing Director of Goldman Sachs and the former Director of the Information Operations Center for the CIA
âThe Council on Intelligence Issues is very pleased to be able to present this distinguished panel of former senior officials. Our Â panelists’ extensive public and private sector experience will enable them to provide unique insights into practical and operational challenges in planning and conducting secret intelligence activities,â said George Jameson, co-founder and president of the Council on Intelligence Issues.
âCII strives to educate the public about the risk of Â personal and even legal jeopardy facing intelligence officers who must operate Â clandestinely. This event is for anyone interested in a real world look at those risks and the national security challenges brought by technological advances and the increasing openness they often bring,â Jameson added. âPanelists also will share their perspectives on the implications of foreign cyber threats against the private sector and the challenges in building Â public-private collaboration to address them effectively.â
Please join CII and Steptoe & Johnson for the âIntelligence Operations in a Digital Age” event on June 24th. The reception will begin at 5:30 PM with refreshments at 1330 Connecticut Avenue, NW in Washington, D.C. The panel discussion will begin an hour later at 6:30 PM.
Please complete the Event Registration Form in advance before attending the event. We hope to see you at the âIntelligence Operations in a Digital Age” on June 24th.