John Kavanaugh, senior vice president and chief financial officer of Perspecta, was featured as a keynote speaker during Bairdâs 2019 Government & Defense Conference on Wednesday at the Ritz Carlton in Tysons Corner, Va.
During his speech, Kavanaugh provided insight into the trends currently influencing the market and emphasize Perspectaâs growing presence as a leader in the government services sector after six consecutive quarters of profitable growth. âPerspecta has a balanced portfolio, diversified contract base and very strong backlog,â said Kavanaugh on Wednesday.
Kavanaugh leads all aspects of financial strategy and implementation and serves as financial counsel to senior leadership and the board of directors for Perspecta as its CFO. With extensive professional experience in financial management, operations, business development, program and general management, Kavanaugh has a long, successful track record of driving operational and financial improvements in the public sector and commercial markets.
The full-day conference will include panel discussions and corporate presentations from multiple industry leaders.
Other event speakers include:
- Jean Stack, Managing Director at Baird and 2019 Wash100 Award recipient
- Pierre Chao, founding partner of Renaissance Strategic Advisors and two-time Wash100 Award recipient
- Randy Phillips, SVP of corporate development at Leidos
- Tiffanny Gates, president and CEO Novetta and 2019 Wash100 Awardee
- Rick Wagner, president of the mission, cyber and intelligence solutions group at Mantech International and two-time Wash100 Award winner