Michael Chasen, CEO at PrecisionHAWK USA, has been named chairman of the Federal Aviation Administration’s Drone Advisory Committee by Department of Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao. The 35-man committee was formed to help FAA address concerns and prioritize update efforts for unmanned air vehicles, the agency said Monday. The agency also appointed 12 new members from companies, government agencies and organizations that support drone initiatives.
“Michael and the DAC will help guide the FAA to build flexible, responsive regulatory processes that can keep up with the industryâs creativity while ensuring the highest level of safety,â said Daniel Elwell, acting administrator at FAA.
The committee’s appointees are:
- Bob Brock, director of aviation and UAS, Kansas Department of Transportation
- Chris Anderson, CEO, 3DR
- David Silver, vice president for civil aviation, Aerospace Industries Association
- Joseph DePete, president, Air Line Pilots Association
- Lorne Cass, vice president of regulatory affairs, American Airlines
- Mariah Scott, president, Skyward
- Mark Colborn, senior corporal, Dallas Police Department
- Michael Leo, captain, New York City Fire Department
- Michael Sinnett, vice president of product development and strategy, Boeing
- Peter Cleveland, vice president of law and policy group, Intel
- Thomas Karol, general counsel, National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies