The Federal Aviation AdministrationÂ and the Interior Department have agreedÂ to restrict drone flight operations drone over certain landmarks in nine U.S. states.
FAA announced Thursday it will implement the restriction by Oct. 5Â at the request ofÂ U.S. national security agencies using the agency’s authority underÂ Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
The agency produced an online interactive map to inform the public ofÂ the restricted locations for drones and included a link to that information inÂ FAAâs B4UFLY mobile app.
Sites covered by the restriction are:
- Boston National Historical Park, Boston, MA
- Folsom Dam; Folsom, CA
- Glen Canyon Dam; Lake Powell, AZ
- Grand Coulee Dam; Grand Coulee, WA
- Hoover Dam; Boulder City, NV
- Independence National Historical Park, Philadelphia, PA
- Jefferson National Expansion Memorial; St. Louis, MO
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial; Keystone, SD
- Shasta Dam; Shasta Lake, CA
- Statue of Liberty National Monument, New York, NY