President Donald Trump and the Pentagon have condemned the actions of North Korea following that country’s latest missile launches, one of which saw a rocket cross over Japan’s airspace.
Trump called the most recent launch test a signal of North Korea’s “contempt” toward the international community, Politico reported Tuesday.
“Threatening and destabilizing actions only increase the North Korean regime’s isolation in the region and among all nations of the world,” he said in a statement, according to the report.
The president added that he will consider all options in forming the U.S. response to the incident.
Politico said Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe echoed Trump’s comments and noted the need for an emergency U.N. Security Council meeting following the North Korean intermediate-range missile launch Tuesday.
U.S. Pacific Command previously detected three short-range ballistic missiles fired from Kittaeryong Saturday, with two directed toward a northeastern direction, The Hill reported Monday.
The Defense Department said the launch tests remain a threat even if they were fired away from the U.S. or Guam.
“[We] have to make the assumption that they continue to learn throughout each one of these missile launches,” said Pentagon Spokesman Col. Robert Manning.