The Center for a New American Security has launched a new project that will employ the help of a task force comprising industry leaders that will work to develop a new vision for collaboration between the Defense Department and industry partners.
CNAS said Wednesday the “Future Foundry: Forging New Industries for Defense” project will be led by Ben FitzGerald, CNAS technology and national security program director and senior fellow.
The task force will be joined by nine industry leaders and co-chaired by William Lynn, DRS Technologies CEO and a former deputy defense secretary secretary; and Sean O’Keefe, a retired NASA administrator and former CEO of Airbus‘ North American subsidiary.
The project seeks to build on the CNAS team’s two-year research on the challenges facing the global defense industry and in relation to the DoD’s technological efforts, the organization added.
The members of the task force are:
- Denis Bovin, a senior adviser at Evercore
- Marta Dassu, senior director of European affairs at The Aspen Institute
- John Fenwick, a co-founder of Terra Bella
- Nate Fick, CEO of Endgame
- Mark Koro, vice president for government affairs at Qualcomm
- Mike Leiter, executive vice president and head of integration at Leidos
- Ellen Lord, CEO of Textron‘s systems segment
- Greg Mallory, global aerospace and defense leader at BCG
- James Murdoch, CEO of 21st Century Fox