The U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, along with Dr. Anne Schuchat, of the CDC, and Gale Rossides of TSA, met today to give some of their top travel trips as we get close to the holidays and many people will be visiting the airports.
Their tips are steps travelers should take to avoid the spread of the flu, decrease wait time at the security checkpoints, and remind passengers of the shared responsibility of security.
âFollowing these simple travel tips will help expedite the screening process at airports and keep travelerâs healthy and safe through the holiday travel season,â Napolitano said.
Here are a few of the tips they shared:
- Pay attention to your health before traveling
- Practice good hygiene while traveling
- Ensure your government issued ID and boarding pass are out and ready
- Keep an eye out for suspicious activity
- Wear easily removable shoes and jackets
- Take out liquids and laptops
For a complete list of these tips, visit www.tsa.gov.